Squareman 3 Squareman 3

PRetty cool

The game was too small for me, and I found myself squinting to see everything. The controls and collision were very good, and there's a lot of potential but I'm afraid I agree with the other commenters about it being frustrating. Restart points would help a lot.

I think part of the problem was the speed the character moves at so maybe making the jumping/ gravity lower to give more control when falling, which would remove some of the frustration I (and others?) was getting.

Ether Cannon Ether Cannon

promising but not quiter there

I'm sure you're going for the hardcore gamer, and I will probably get shot down for this, but I think the game starts off far too difficult.

The game has a lot of promise, I like the style, the controls work well and it runs nice and smoothly - however you get dropped in at the deep end with pretty much no chance for survival.

The problems I saw - from the few levels I played are...
- the orange enemies are almost the same colour as their explosions, so you have trouble distinguishing enemy from special effect.
- The blue enemies bullets are so small you can't see them to avoid them.
- Everything moves so fast (that could be related to old age though)

I think with a few simple changes (bullets you can see and a gradual difficulty increase) I would have rated this a lot higher - a 9/10 even.

Kajenx responds:

Thanks for the ideas. Originally the game was a bit easier, but it was pretty boring that way. You're right, I was aiming for the hardcore gamers, so I wanted to make it challenging. Normally I don't do that, though, so you can expect something for a more general audience with my next game.

If you're having a really hard time, my main tips would be: Keep moving around, you don't want to go in a straight line. Also, focus on your shield so you don't need to dodge as much.

Hope that helps!

Ragdoll Invaders Ragdoll Invaders

nice

I think it gets too hard too quickly. A couple of easier levels (even one easier level) to ease people into the game (act as a tutorial) would have been nice.

Didn't like the menu design but once in game the style worked really well. Overall I was rather impressed by this. Well done.

Vup Vup

ok but needs tweaking

It's a decent effort but more time should have been spent making sure it's possible to continue climbing up the screen. Too many times I died simply because I couldn't reach the platform. Death through noo fault of my own is one of my pet peaves.

Also clicking the ads makes no difference as to how much money you make with mochi ads - they work based upon views.

Moon ball Moon ball

nice

Pretty cool.

The powerups make a big difference to the game. They move it beyond a normal breakout clone. The collision and response seemed a bit iffy (you don't always bounce where you should), but otherwise quite solid.

Nice one :)